A lifestyle of holistic wellness rewards you with more energy and enhanced health and fitness.
Are you one who really cares about your health and seek ways to improve it through physical and mental activities? Then, you need to be watchful of your fluid and food intake.
If you are really obsessed with achieving holistic wellness, below are a list of food items you should take and others you should stay away from.
1. Avoid microwaved food, non-stick cookware and aluminum cookware (used in most restaurants as well as homes).
2. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water everyday. Drink between meals, and finish your fluids 2 hours
before bed. Use a reverse-osmosis water filter, a Big Berkey water filter, or buy Spring water.
3. Check food labels for the word “hydrogenated” and eliminate all hydrogenated oils. Dressings, mayo, “butter spreads”, baked goods, cereals, pre-prepared, fried foods, and most restaurant foods usually have these.
4. Use coconut oil, ghee (clarified butter) or leftover fat from pasture-raised meats for sautéing. Avoid heating olive oil and other oils – use them to flavor food after cooking. Choose oils high in monounsaturates and low in polyunsaturates. Avoid corn, canola and soy oils.
5. Grate or puree squash, cauliflower, broccoli and other veggies to make them taste differently, freeze better, and get more nutrition per bite.
6. Buy and eat Pasture-Raised eggs – the highest quality eggs you can find.
7. Replace starchy foods such as bread, rice, cereal, pasta, beans and chips with vegetables. Avoid juice and excess fruit. Combine fruit snacks with some fat and protein such as organic cheese or almond butter.
8. Have a solid breakfast with plenty of protein and fat. Eat meals and snacks at regular times every day.
9. Avoid pesticides in your food, your home and your yard.
10. Eat wild salmon frequently (canned is OK). Take premium quality Omega 3 oils.
RipplesNigeria …without borders, without fears
- 82 fresh COVID-19 cases take Nigeria’s total to 67,412. Deaths, recoveries updated - November 30, 2020
- APC to hold emergency NEC meeting December 8 - November 30, 2020
- NYSC dismisses report on rising COVID-19 cases in orientation camps - November 30, 2020