Latest Nigeria In One Minute Politics Top Stories

10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers, Monday morning, April 6, 2020

Top 10 stories from Nigerian newspapers

These 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers will make your Monday morning, April 6, 2020

1. Eight new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Nigeria; total now 232

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Sunday night confirmed eight new cases of coronavirus in the country. The new additions have further swelled the number of coronavirus patients in Nigeria to 232. Read more

2. COVID-19: Nigerian doctors reject Nigerian govt’s invitation of Chinese doctors

The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) Sunday rejected the Federal Government’s invitation of Chinese doctors into the country under the guise of offering assistance on how to tackle the coronavirus pandemic. Read more

3. UBTH confirms death of COVID-19 patient as 25 doctors go into isolation

The Management of University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) said Sunday one of the three coronavirus cases in the hospital had died. The Chief Medical Director of UBTH, Prof. Darlington Obaseki, disclosed this in a statement in Benin. Read more

4. Lagos discharges five more COVID-19 patients

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, said on Sunday five patients receiving treatment for coronavirus at the Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba, had been discharged after they were certified medically fit by health workers. This brought the number of discharged COVID-19 patients in the state to 29. Read more

5. SERAP asks Buhari govt to provide COVID-19 relief funds, school feeding spending details

Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari led administration to provide COVID-19 relief funds, school feeding spending details. Read more

Read also: 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers, Sunday morning, April 5, 2020

6. Benue govt to conduct post-mortem test on suspected COVID-19 patient

Benue State government said on Sunday it would conduct a post-mortem examination on the remains of a young man who was suspected to have contracted coronavirus in Ghana but died while seeking treatment in Edumoga, Okpokwu local government area of the state. Read more

7. Borno govt to resettle displaced communities

The Borno State government said on Sunday it would resettle 28 displaced communities from Lake Alau back to their homes following the return of peace in the area. Governor Babagana Zulum disclosed this during a working visit to Alau village near Maiduguri. Read more

8. COVID-19 LOCKDOWN: Police alert on rising activities of paedophiles

The Lagos State Police Command on Sunday advised parents to adequately watch over their children during the coronavirus lockdown to ward off child abusers, who could take undue advantage of the period. The Command spokesman, Bala Elkana, said in a statement that activities of paedophiles were increasing. Read more

9. North East states take precautionary measures as Bauchi’s COVID-19 cases rise to six

The five states in North East of Nigeria that are yet to record any COVID-19 case have begun to intensify efforts to prevent the pandemic in their states as Bauchi’s cases rose to six on Saturday. Bauchi has remained the only North East state with record of coronavirus. Read more

10. Covid-19 has shown nations of the world how redundant technology is —Bishop Kaigama

The Bishop of Abuja Catholic Diocese, Ignatius Kaigama has said that the novel coronavirus, ravaging the world, has shown that technology cannot do much. Read more

Join the conversation

Opinions

About the author

Ripples Nigeria

We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.
www.ripplesnigeria.com

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!