The government of Qatar opines that the 18 terrorist groups and individuals allegedly linked to Doha which was released by Saudi-led group has no basis, while also describing the list as a “disappointing surprise”.
Reacting to the list, Qatar’s communications director Sheikh Saif bin Ahmed Al Thani said in a statement; “It comes as a disappointing surprise that the blockading countries are still pursuing this story as part of their smear campaign against Qatar.”
The list includes nine entities in Yemen and Libya, and adds to a previous blacklist of 59 individuals and 12 groups issued by the four states last month.
Not done with his comments over the controversial list, Sheikh Saif said, “This latest list provides further evidence that the blockading countries are not committed to the fight against terrorism.
“All individuals with links to terrorism in Qatar have been prosecuted. We encourage the blockading countries to spend less time on drafting these fabricated lists and more time on implementing measures to counter the threat of extremism in their own countries”, he added.
There are also reports that Qatar has contracted a specialised legal team to study the actions taken by the blockading countries against it, according to a statement from the economy ministry in Doha.
Reiterating its stance, Qatar’s National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) chairman, Ali Bin Smaikh al-Marri, said action would be taken against Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Bahrain, for their role which has sparked the worst Gulf crisis in decades.
RipplesNigeria ….without borders, without fears
- Hoodlums raze three banks’ buildings in Lagos - October 21, 2020
- Lagos govt probes shooting of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers in Lekki - October 21, 2020
- Fire destroys Lekki-Ikoyi bridge - October 21, 2020