A good rule of thumb is that if you don’t put work into your relationship, then it won’t last.
Whether you are in the honeymoon stage or you have been together with your partner for a long time, there is always room for improvement.
If you feel that you are in a ‘loveless’ union and you want to bring back the spark and shine in your relationship with you partner, listed below are five tips to achieve just that.
1) SCREEN FREE ZONE: One thing that can kill a connection vibe quickly is the introduction of screens. This can be anything from TV, computers to even cell phones. People spend more time looking at their phones, than being in the moment with each other. It’s simple, if you think about it. When you are looking at your phone, you are not making that important eye contact with your partner. This doesn’t mean that you have to leave your phones at home, just maybe keep them in your bag, while spending quality time with your loved one.
2) REGULAR DATE NIGHTS: One of the most important tips on how to keep romance alive in a relationship is to never stop dating your partner, even after the marriage. Couples who have kids have especially a much harder time re-igniting that spark that keeps any relationship thriving. This is why date nights are so important.
Read also: 7 tips to lose weight naturally in 10 days
3) SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE! Everyone loves surprises. Even those people who claim not to, deep down they would be over the moon to receive a little treat from time to time. This doesn’t mean that you have to blow a bunch of cash to make the other person happy. There is some amazing beauty in the little things. Something small like a picnic, or a card or a framed picture, reminding your partner of the sparkle filled times is enough to ignite nostalgia in anyone. So get creative!
4) GET AWAY: One of the biggest reasons people have a hard time connecting is because their life is too busy. Between deadlines and conflicting schedules, many things can fall to the waist side. However, your relationship should not be one of those things. Even if times seem impossibly busy, it is extremely important to let those things fall away, even if it’s just for a weekend.
5) BE OPEN AND HONEST: Nothing can kill a relationship momentum more than distrust. That is why it is so important to say what you mean and mean what you say. Secrets can eat away the foundation of a relationship. So if something has been occupying your mind, chances are it is also dominating the way you connect to your partner. Talk it out. Make your feelings heard and understood.
RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears