Valentine’s Day is coming up. So let’s take a look at how you can put a BIG smile on his face this February.
Guys are not always easy to buy for. We could write them the most eloquent love poetry and their reaction would surprise us. It’s either going to melt their heart, or they’ll think that we’re being totally ridiculous.
Committing a gift gaffe on Valentine’s Day is easy. Perhaps you’ve already done it. To make sure it doesn’t happen (again), let’s take a look at five Valentine’s Day surprises to melt his heart.
1) Something From His Amazon WishList: If your partner has an Amazon account, he’ll have an Amazon wish list.
And if your partner loves you and trusts you not to max out his credit card, he’s probably already shared his Amazon account with you. When he isn’t looking, deftly have a peruse of his wish list.
2) Cute Briefs: Guys need briefs. They don’t necessarily love briefs, but they need them. The trouble with guys when it comes to buying something they need as opposed to something they actually want is that they generally just don’t bother.
3) Beard Trimming Kit: Has your partner got a beard? If so, is he having trouble keeping it all neat and tidy? If so, is he getting a bit frustrated by it and starting to wish beards had never come back in fashion? If personal grooming is not something your man is a master of, consider surprising him with a beard trimming kit so that he evolves from a scruffy caveman into the perfect gentleman.
4) Sports Tickets: Is your boy a big sports fan (come on, which guy isn’t?) Then buying him a pair of sports tickets (one for you, of course) could quickly turn you into The World’s Best Girlfriend EVER. Even if you don’t like sports, it’s well worth surprising him with something that he does happen to love. And it will come as a HUGE surprise to him if you’ve been hating on sports ever since you two got together.
5) A Book: Is a book romantic? It totally could be. Smart is hot. If your man is a reader who loves to expand his mind, buying him a brand spanking new book to his collection could be the perfect way to melt his heart this February. If he’s into politics, buying him George Orwell’s 1984, which recently shot back into the bestsellers list, could be a very timely gift indeed.
RipplesNigeria ….without borders, without fears
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.
Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.
Students suffer as contractors abandon Kano school projects after receiving over N70m
In 2019, to improve the condition of public schools in Kano State, the Federal Government disbursed millions of naira to...
SPECIAL REPORT: World Bank road projects go bad in Enugu, as state govt fails to fulfill promise
Counterpart funded road projects between the world Bank and Enugu State government have started to fail, as the state government...
INVESTIGATION: How N70m road construction created more hardship for Sokoto residents
“To address recurrent accidents on Gagi to Gidan Dilo road and Fakon Idi roads, in Sokoto State, the Federal Government,...
INVESTIGATION: Inside Kwara school where students are used as labour on teachers’ private farms
In this report, SHEREEFDEEN AHMAD uncovered how young students in Kwara State, Nigeria, are being used for labour work on...
INVESTIGATION: How Kano SUBEB awarded contracts to inactive contractors, non-existent schools
In an effort to address issues hindering quality education, the Kano State Government in 2020 awarded N88,406,667.10 for the construction...