Chatbots are gradually becoming the in thing and many are clamouring for it because it is transforming customer service and driving loyalty through experiences.
And similar to the purchasing behavior of consumers, marketers aren’t immune to chasing after must-have fads and trends like chatbot technology.
Listed below are five ways chatbots can be tasked with appealing to new customers and making marketing efforts measurably more effective while also improving brand presence.
1) Make meeting the brand exciting; Chatbots can (with a healthy emphasis on “can”) be just plain fun to interact with. When smartly developed, they have the potential to breathe new life into the customer experience playbook.
Read also: Scientists mull lava tube where astronauts can hangout on the moon
2) Develop proactive customer outreach that’s more engaging than email marketing; Too often, automated emails from brands are rightfully discarded as spam, especially when overly familiar phrasing (“20% off!”) is included in the subject line. Chatbots can really help revitalize proactive brand communications by acting as an interactive companion and readily available assistant for customers.
3) Use chatbots to provide sensitive support where necessary; The rise of texting-based therapy apps and VR-based treatments for PTSD confirms that, for some, screens provide a safer avenue for opening up than face-to-face or voice-to-voice communication, especially for highly sensitive topics. For businesses that address sensitive topics, chatbots may be a better forum than discussion boards and online communities. They can help customers feel heard and give them personalized guidance on next steps.
4) Offer expertise to grease the entry stages in the marketing funnel; There are obviously many data points customers require to help guide their purchasing options and make informed selections, even before selecting a particular brand or retailer. Chatbots give businesses a way to deliver this information in a comfortable, conversational manner. Customers can have all their questions answered without the pressure or obligation that make some individuals wary of interacting with a live salesperson.
5) Deliver dynamic surveys that provide more well-rounded customer insights; Customer surveys have traditionally consisted of a static series of questions. Once again, enter the chatbot. The potential application here is marrying the methodological consistency required of these surveys while actively adapting to customers’ responses, with the goal of deriving deeper and more valuable insights.
RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.
Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.
FEATURES: Rise in Monkeypox infection troubling Nigeria’s rural population
In this features, KELECHUKWU IRUOMA goes into the rural communities of Bayelsa State, south-south Nigeria to uncover the plight of...
SPECIAL REPORT: Kwara communities groan as erosion washes away roads, property
For a number of years communities in Ilorin South LGA of Kwara State have had to live with the menace...
SPECIAL REPORT: Lack of legal provisions, cultural sentiments fueling marital r*pe in Nigeria
By Arinze Chijioke In the early days of Sandra Izuckukwu’s marriage in 2019, her husband, Sunday Izuchukwu, did everything she...
INVESTIGATION… LIVES ON THE LINE (IV): Surviving in a dangerous media environment
This investigation is on the unresolved killing of three Nigerian journalists while on assignments between 2019 and 2020. For six...
INVESTIGATION… LIVES ON THE LINE (III): Precious Owolabi was killed covering a protest
This investigation is on the unresolved killing of three Nigerian journalists while on assignments between 2019-2020. For six months, Nigerian...