Fifty people have been confirmed dead after a Saturday evening attacks on Isa and Rabah Local Government Areas of Sokoto State.
According to reports, the victims of the attacks that were alledgely well coordinated, as they took place simultaneously, were buried on Sunday according to Islamic rites. Governor Aminu Tambuwal and other government functionaries attended the burial ceremony of the 25 that were killed in Rabah.
It was learnt that in the attack on Isa Local Government Area, 25 people were killed while many others were injured.
Abdullahi Maiwada, a villager who witnessed the attack on Sapiru village, said: “The bandits stormed Sapiru village, under the Tozai Ward in the Isa Local Government Area at about 5pm on more than 50 motorcycles on Saturday.
“They entered the town shooting sporadically. Eighteen people were killed instantly, while another seven later died. Fourteen of the victims are currently receiving treatment at the general hospital.
“Another two, who are in critical condition, have been moved to the Usman Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital in Sokoto while another one is receiving treatment at the Orthopedic Hospital.”
Confirming the attacks, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, ASP Sadiq Abubakar, said four suspects who were allegedly involved in the killings, had been arrested.
Abubakar, however, did not give the figure of the casualty.
Latest posts by Timothy Enietan-Matthews (see all)
- BAYELSA GUBER: Diri’s campaign asks police to prosecute ‘APC thugs’ - October 19, 2019
- GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION: Bayelsans are doubting INEC’s impartiality – Dickson - October 17, 2019
- Protesting workers distrupt activities at KEDC over unpaid salaries, unremitted pension - October 17, 2019