Dating can be hard. Not only do we get super duper nervous before a first date, with questions such as “will he like me?”, “does this dress look good on me?” ringing through our heads, there are also a whole heap of calamitous first date mistakes we could make that would be a major turn-off for him.
Listed below are six most common mistakes that girls make on a first date. Enjoy the read.
1) Turning Up Late: We know that girls are always late. If there were statistics for how many girls were late to a first date, it would probably be 70% of them. If there were a statistic for how many of those 70% got a second date, it would probably be less than half.
2) Talking In A Monologue: You’re interested in him and you like to talk. But talking in a monologue is talking at him, rather than with him. If you find yourself talking for long periods at a time, check yourself and ask him a question.
3) Asking No Questions: Guys usually take charge on dates, but the problem is that some girls expect them to do all the work. And so the guy ask all the questions, while the girl plays it all calm and relaxed, answering questions but asking none.
Read also: 4 unusual ways to meet new people
4) Asking Too Many Questions: The opposite to asking no questions is asking too many. Nobody wants to be interrogated on a first date. If it feels like you’re firing out a series of stock, pre-planned questions, it’s going to irritate and unsettle him.
5) Being Negative: No, we’re not saying that being too negative is a dating mistake that girls make on a first date. We’re saying that being negative full-stop is a massive dating mistake. Guys don’t want to hang out with girls who put a downer on things – especially on a first date!
7) Talking About Your Ex: Even if you want to criticise your ex or make fun of him, don’t do it. And especially don’t mention your ex along the lines of, “oh, my ex and I used to come here.” It’s a major mistake that will make him feel uncomfortable.
RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears