Carrots are a really popular vegetable and they look pretty snazzy too and it’s true what they say – they do help you see better!
In fact, there’s lots of health benefits to carrots, which is why some nutritionists go as far as calling them a super food.
Listed below are seven health benefits of drinking carrot juice on a regular basis.
1) CARROT JUICE CAN PREVENT CANCER: Carrot juice works as an anti-cancer agent because it contains carotenoids that can prevent the likes of breast, colon, prostrate and bladder cancer from developing.
2) CARROT JUICE CAN HELP TO CONTROL DIABETES: Like a lot of debilitating diseases – including cancer and heart disease – diabetes can be prevented. All we need to do is fix up our lifestyle and do the right things.
3) CARROT JUICE CAN BOOST APPETITE: Wish you had a better appetite for food? Gain weight by drinking carrot juice as it will boost your appetite.
4) CARROT JUICE LOOKS AFTER OUR LUNGS: Lung health isn’t something we really think about until things go wrong. To make sure things don’t go wrong, drink lots of carrot juice as its vitamin A content is very lung-friendly.
5) CARROT JUICE IMPROVES THE STRENGTH OF YOUR BONES: Carrot juice helps to fortify your bones because it’s a good source of vitamin K, an essential protein-building vitamin that helps your body to bind calcium better. And when you bind calcium better, your bones become stronger as a result. Carrot juice also contains potassium, another nutrient that helps strengthen bones.
6) CARROT JUICE ENRICHES LACTATION: Another amazing benefit of carrot juice is that it enriches lactation.
7) CARROT JUICE HELPS WITH THE FORMATION OF ENZYMES: Our bodies need enzymes, and because carrot juice is rich in iron it helps with their formation.
RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears