You are about to attend and occasion and you’re frantically searching through your wardrobe to put together the right outfit,
but you just can’t seem to find anything that matches. Sounds familiar?
This is the kind of struggle all women have to go through, but things don’t have to be too complicated.
You can make your life a whole lot easier with some clever fashion tips that will allow you look your best in any occasion.
There will be some differences depending on your personal style,
body type and personality, but most of these tips will work for any of woman out there.
1. Old Things Must Go: This is where you should start – there’s no room for change if you don’t make it yourself. Open up your closet and take a good look at your clothes. You should ask yourself one simple question – if you were in a store right now,
what items from your closet would you buy? It’s a very simple and quite efficient game you should play once in a while. If you want to stop spending hours in front of your closet,
it needs to be neat and colour coordinated – hoarding clothes always leads to mess.
All clothes you decide need to go shouldn’t be thrown away – donate them! That way,
you’ll feel good about it.
2. Shop With A Plan: Whether you’re getting married and you need a dress, or you’re simply attending a black-tie event, you’ll definitely spend a lot of time searching for the right outfit.
In order to be efficient and still be happy with your choice, you should go shopping with a proper hairstyle,
makeup and shoes, so you can see the bigger picture. Also, don’t forget to put on some nice underwear – you don’t want to dismiss a dress that doesn’t look good on you because you haven’t paid attention to your panty line.
3. Extend The Life Of Your Cashmere: The fact something is called cashmere shouldn’t mean much, so the first step towards a long and happy life of an item made out of cashmere is purchasing a quality item.This material can be processed in many different ways,
so you could easily end up with an overpaid poor quality sweater. However,
there are some indicators that can show you what are you looking at. First, you should be looking for thick knitted garments,and second,
try stretching it – if it pulls back, it’s a good type of cashmere. Chances are,you’ll pay good money for any quality cashmere item,so you should take care of it,
which means washing it in cold water by hand.
4. Stretch New Shoes Painlessly: There are different ways to avoid calluses, which can really make your day difficult. Most of those problems come from high heels,right? Up until now,I’ve tried different kinds of methods, and the most effective one includes the freezer, believe it or not.
If you fill a couple of freezer bags with water, place them in your shoes,and put them into your freezer to stay overnight,you’ll be able to see a huge difference in the morning.
5. Dress It Up In A Couple of Seconds: We’d all appreciate it if the days were a bit longer,but regarding the fact that’s not about to happen, you should use all kind of trick and tips in order to dress up quickly.
A nice touch is always a bow tie – you can make it work with almost anything.
If you don’t have any heels near buy,you could class up your flats by placing clip on earrings on them.
6. Be Smart When Buying A Jacket: Purchasing jackets,coats and blazers has just one rule – it needs to fit your shoulders.
If it’s too tight or too wide, leave it in the store, because this is one thing that’s very difficult to alter, even if you have a good tailor by your side.
7. The Rules Of Showing Skin: Speaking of rules, we should mentioned those regarding showing skin. It’s pretty simple – show one body part at a time.
So if you’re showing your cleavage, pay attention you’re not combining that with miniskirts,
and the other way around. Looking and feeling attractive shouldn’t be based on how naked you are. A little bit of mystery is always a nice touch.
RipplesNigeria …without borders, without fears
Join the conversation
SPECIAL REPORT: Displaced residents of Zamfara battle hunger, as underfunding derails Nigeria’s nutrition goals
On paper, Muhammad Zayyanu is seven years old. The quiet boy who looks shorter for his age could not recollect...
INVESTIGATION: N7.3bn paid for unnamed projects; how Nigerian govt spent N2.2trn in six months
Analysing nearly 3,000 payments made by various Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) over the previous six months (January...
INVESTIGATION… Delay rocks Nigerian govt’s promise of N30,000 covid-19 relief for artisans, others
Before the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in February, 2020, Chukwudi Okoroigwe’s daily earnings as a bus driver was hardly enough to cater to the...
INVESTIGATION… Ten years after, communities count losses as AfDB, Cross River govt abandon road project
Ten years after the Cross River State government and African Development Bank (AFDB) jointly awarded the Yahe-Wanokom-Wanikade-Benue border road for...
INVESTIGATION….N.3bn down the drain: Why water projects for Enugu communities don’t work
In this concluding part, ARINZE CHIJIOKE talks about some of the projects that are serving the people and how various WASH programmes have failed to tackle...