Worried by the incessant civilian abuse by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), comedian Frank Donga has tabled a list of solutions which will ensure proper reform of the police unit.
The humour merchant cum actor took to his official Twitter page to offer seven possible resolutions which could be adopted to regenerate SARS.
According to Frank Donga, the proposed measures listed below will go a long way to combat the rising incidence of civilian mistreatment by SARS.
1) SARS officers must display name and ID
2) SARS trucks must have clear ID’s
3) Install trackers and dash cams on SARS trucks
4) Quarterly training of SARS officers
5) Health and life insurance including allowance
6) Quick prosecution of bad eggs
7) Fund SARS reform with Senators’ hardship allowance
Frank Donga’s advice comes days after rapper, Ikechukwu Onunaku took to social media to reveal how he was allegedly kidnapped and extorted by SARS operatives.
Ikechukwu accused SARS of dragging him out of an Uber taxi in the Lekki Phase 1 area of Lagos and bundled into a Hilux van.
According to the rapper, the officers drove him to Lagos Island and forced him to withdraw all the money in his account after threatening to implicate him if he chose not to heed to their demand.
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
- IGP confirms police dialogue with bandits in Northeast, offers reasons - September 20, 2019
- KOGI: PDP sends strong warning to INEC - September 20, 2019
- Boko Haram now deserting northeast to neighboring countries, Army claims - September 20, 2019