President Muhammadu Buhari Monday appointed Muhammad Nami the new Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) following the expiration and non-renewal of the tenure of Babatunde Fowler. Here are seven (7) things you need to know about the new tax boss:
1. He is a tax advisor and a graduate of Bayero University, Kano and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
2. He obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology in 1991 and Masters of Business Administration in 2014.
3. Prior to his appointment as the FIRS Chairman, Muhammad Nami was a senior consultant in charge of tax management and advisory services at PKF Nigeria, a member of PKF International Limited, itself a global network of accounting firms with presence in over 150 countries.
4. He was appointed member of the Audit Committee on Recoveries, a body established recover loss in Nigeria, in 2017. The committee claimed it had recovered around $2 billion as of September 2017.
5. He is presently the managing consultant of Manam Professional Services (Chartered Tax Practitioners and Business Advisers) with offices in Abuja, Kaduna and Niger State.
6. He has nearly three decades of professional experience, spanning Auditing, Tax Management and Advisory, and Management services in the banking, manufacturing, services and public sectors.
7. He is a fellow of Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN), Institute of Debt Recovery Practitioners of Nigeria and Associate Member of Institute of Management (Chartered) and Association of National Accountants of Nigeria.
Latest posts by Ronald Adamolekun (see all)
- NSE ROUNDUP: Market Capitalisation inches up marginally as bourse records two bearish days - January 25, 2020
- CBN raises concern against govt’s escalating debt profile - January 25, 2020
- NSE: Index rises marginally as blue-chip stocks lead gainers - January 24, 2020