It’s the ultimate question when you start to get feelings for the guy you’re hanging out with or dating: Is he flirting with me or not?
If he flirts with you, it’s a massive sign that he’s into you and wants to take this forward.
The problem is, how do you even know when a guy is flirting?
Listed below are seven ways a girl can tell when a guy is flirting with you and wants a relationship.
1) HE LOOKS YOU IN THE EYES: If a guy isn’t interested, he won’t spend much time looking directly into your eyes. As he’s talking to you, he’ll look away; perhaps he’ll look around the bar or wherever it is you are. Maybe he’ll even look past you. If a guy is interested in you and wants to flirt? He’ll look you in the eyes.
2) HE’LL BE HAPPY TO SEE YOU: Ever been on those dates with guys who just don’t seem all that happy when they’re with you? Sure, they’ll make conversation and they might even ask you a few questions but they just don’t seem all that happy to be hanging out with you. Something always seems to be on their mind. If a guy is flirting with you, his outlook and demeanour will be the complete opposite whenever he’s in your company. He’ll be genuinely pleased to see you; he’ll brighten up, he’ll smile and talk enthusiastically.
3) HE CHATS A LOT AND ASKS QUESTIONS: Men can be really funny, and they love to tease us.
The best jokes between a man and a woman are inside jokes – ones only the man and the woman will understand. To be able to make hilarious inside jokes, a guy has to get as much information out of you as possible, and the only way he can do this is by chatting to you loads and asking questions.
4) HE DOESN’T WAIT TOO LONG TO TEXT YOU: Anyone who’s seen the male-oriented movie Swingers will know all about the three-day texting rule. Even if you haven’t seen the movie you’ll know that some guys wait three days to text a girl after she’s given him her number, but in the movie the characters wait SIX days. Why do guys abide by the three day rule? It’s generally because they think it makes them look indifferent, and that said indifference is what makes them so irresistible to women.
5) HE REMEMBERS WHAT YOU SAY: If a guy isn’t flirting with you, he probably isn’t interested in you. And if he isn’t interested in you, he won’t make the extra effort to remember what you say.
6) HE LAUGHS AT YOUR JOKES: Yeahhhhh your jokes are kinda rubbish and you know that. But he’s gonna laugh at them anyway. Why? Because he’s totally flirting with you and likes you!
7)HE MIGHT GET NERVOUS: Of course, not every guy who flirts with you will be nervous. Some men are flirting pros who won’t ever say something they didn’t intend to; they won’t stammer, hesitate, blush or say something totally ridiculous.
On the other hand, there are some really shy guys out there. If you’re hanging out with a guy who’s visibly nervous – he blushes a lot, fidgets etc – it’s a strong sign that he really wants to impress you and flirt with you – but is struggling.
RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears