Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, has dispelled rumours that he was planning to contest the Anambra governorship election in 2021.
The minister who was at Obosi, Idemili Local Government Area of the state, said he would be too old to contest in the state’s governorship election.
Denying the claims, he said: “That is not possible again. By 2021, I will be too old for that. So, you can see with me that, that is no longer possible.”
Ngige, however, stated that the All Progressives Congress (APC) was in top preparation for the 2021 governorship race.
He said nothing would stop the party from capturing the state in that election as they were fully prepared.
He claimed that since he left office as governor of the state in 2006, nothing significant had been added to his achievements in the state.
“I just drove round the state, the only good roads you can ply in Anambra State were those built by me. Others they put after my government had collapsed.
“It has become clear to our people that they need people like us to be happy once more.
“The APC will provide that happiness; we shall provide purposeful and responsive governance to our people once more in 2021.”
Asked about his take on zoning of the governorship of the state to Anambra South Senatorial District in 2021, Ngige said it was the most ideal thing to do in the circumstance.
“We have no zoning arrangement in APC, but I think the most ideal thing to do is to allow Anambra South Senatorial District to produce the next governor of the state for equity sake.
“The APC will work towards getting our governorship candidate from that district in 2021; unless we could not find a formidable candidate from the area.”
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
- Supreme Court has acquitted itself well in handling of election disputes —BMO - January 21, 2020
- Nigeria’s economic growth will be stagnant for the next 3yrs – World Bank - January 21, 2020
- Buhari meets UK P.M Johnson, lists areas his govt has made progress - January 21, 2020