EME honcho Banky W is about now counting his loss after an early morning fire razed a property where he lives, located along Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1 in Lagos.
The fire which started at about 6am Tuesday morning was reportedly caused by a faulty air conditioner as the singer was helped out in fighting the inferno by his neighbours who did all they could.
However, efforts by Banky W and his neighbours seemed not enough as the raging fire destroyed lots of valuables including awards the R&B singer won in the past.
The fire was brought under control after operatives of the Nigerian Fire Service arrived the scene of the incident at 7:30am (an hour and thirty minutes after the fire started).
Recounting the incident, a neighbour who pleaded anonymity said; “The fire started around 6am and all of us came out to assist Banky in putting out the fire. However, Fire service officials arrived around 7.30. So many items were destroyed including Banky’s awards”.
RipplesNigeria ….without borders, without fears
Click here to download the Ripples Nigeria App for latest updates