Life's Blog

Banky W loses awards in Lekki home fire

EME honcho Banky W is about now counting his loss after an early morning fire razed a property where he lives, located along Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1 in Lagos.

The fire which started at about 6am Tuesday morning was reportedly caused by a faulty air conditioner as the singer was helped out in fighting the inferno by his neighbours who did all they could.

However, efforts by Banky W and his neighbours seemed not enough as the raging fire destroyed lots of valuables including awards the R&B singer won in the past.

Read also: Muma Gee set to file for divorce, alleges battery, threat to life

The fire was brought under control after operatives of the Nigerian Fire Service arrived the scene of the incident at 7:30am (an hour and thirty minutes after the fire started).

Recounting the incident, a neighbour who pleaded anonymity said; “The fire started around 6am and all of us came out to assist Banky in putting out the fire. However, Fire service officials arrived around 7.30. So many items were destroyed including Banky’s awards”.

RipplesNigeria ….without borders, without fears

Click here to download the Ripples Nigeria App for latest updates

Join the conversation

Opinions

About the author

Ahmed Boulor

Boulor is a versatile journalist who is passionate about the world of arts, entertainment, politics and sports. He is also an ardent Arsenal FC fan.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!