Politics

Boko Haram to release videos on Chibok girls, police wives, crashed Army chopper

Boko Haram to release videos on Chibok girls, police wives, crashed Army chopper
By Editor

Ahmad Salkida, the Nigerian journalist believed to have access to the leadership of Boko Haram terrorists, has hinted that the sect led by Abubakar Shekau is about to release videos on the abducted Chibok girls, police wives and crashed Army helicopter, allegedly gunned down by the insurgents.

In a tweet on his handle, Salkida said, “Sources close to the Shekau led terror group say they shall be releasing a string of videos on the abducted Chibok girls, Police wives and crashed helicopter. The group claims they gunned it down amid unrelenting push by the Army.”

The terrorist group abducted the girls on April 14, 2014 from the Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State. While several of them have been released after undisclosed arrangement between the Federal government and the sect, many of them however, have remained in the custody of the terrorists.

The police wives referred to is believed to be those Boko Haram took captive when the insurgent group in June 2017 attacked a police convoy in Borno State. That attack left two officers dead while 57 went missing.

The crashed military helicopter the source said the sect was about to show in their video is supposed to be the one Nigeria Army last week announced had suffered a mishap but failed to give details on.

READ ALSO: KILLINGS BY HERDSMEN: Stung by criticisms Presidency reels out list of what it has done

Other tweets by Salkida read, “Sources conversant with the ongoing war refuted claims by #ISWAP that they repelled soldiers in Metele. “Our troops cleared the terrorist camps” and soldiers did not go berserk, only BHT are in the area,” the source indicated, but did not comment on the alleged abducted soldier.

“If this is confirmed, it’s the first time #ISWAP will take a soldier captive. The source did not, reveal the identity of this soldier, but claimed “soldiers are burning down inhabited villages,” which confirmed military statements of intense attacks tagged, Operation Deep Punch.

“A source that is conversant wt the ongoing war in #LakeChad islands, #ISWAP’s stronghold claimed; “it is not true the group suffered defeat in the area,” insisting they have repelled attacks in the forest of metele and have abducted and now holding one soldier captive.”

 

RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears

Click here to join the Ripples Nigeria WhatsApp group for latest updates.

Join the conversation

Opinions

About the author

Editor

We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.

Leave a Comment

fifteen − twelve =