President Muhammadu Buhari has issued a warning to bandits and terrorists across the country and beyond to immediately release all who had been taken hostage.
Buhari said he was deeply saddened by the killing of another aid worker as revealed in a video by the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP), a faction of the Boko Haram sect.
In a statement Thursday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, Buhari condemned the gruesome murder of the aid workers.
He noted that the aid workers had made sacrifices and risked their lives to provide succour for traumatised people, urging humanitarian organisations not to be discouraged by the cowardly acts of the terrorists.
Buhari stated that the humanitarian efforts of aid workers had impacted greatly on the operations in the North East, appreciating them for their sacrifices.
He assured all humanitarian workers and Nigerians held in captivity that his administration would intensely pursue and ensure their freedom by “using every possible means at the disposal of government”.
He said: “As the joint military operations by Lake Chad Basin countries destroy the terrorists in the remaining pockets of their dens, with many of them already fleeing the sub-region.
”We give assurances that efforts will be intensified by this government, working with neighbouring countries, to free all hostages.
”We will practically and completely erase terrorism from this country and the entire sub-region.”
- We did not appoint Governor Ganduje visiting Professor –American University - December 5, 2020
- Those working against Nigeria’s unity will fail woefully –Tinubu - December 5, 2020
- Goodluck Jonathan debunks rumours of contesting 2023 election - December 5, 2020