Reigning Africa women’s player of the year, Asisat Oshoala has been nominated again alongside teammates Desire oparanozie, Francisca Ordega and 12 other players for the 2018 edition of the awards.
24-year-old Oshoala, who plays for Chinese side Dalian Quanjian F.C. in the Chinese Women’s Super League, won the women’s title back-to back in 2016 and 2017.
She will be looking to retain the title and make it three times in a row, although she has won it a total of three times, having emerged winner also in 2014.
The Super Falcons, currently preparing for the final of the 2018 Africa Cup of Nations (AWCON) against South Africa on Saturday, have four representatives as Onome Ebi also made the list.
The Thomas Dennerby team were also nominated for the 2018 Women’s national team of the year, alongside South Africa, Cameroon, Ghana and Mali.
The CAF Awards 2018 Gala to honour footballers and officials who distinguished themselves during the year under review, will be held on Tuesday, 8 January 2019 in Dakar, Senegal.
Nominees for 2018 CAF Women’s African player of the year
1. Abdulai Mukarama (Ghana & Northern Ladies)
2. Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dilian Quanjian)
3. Bassira Toure (Mali & AS Mande)
4. Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Houston Dash)
5. Desire Oparanozia (Nigeria & Guingamp)
6. Elizabeth Addo (Ghana & Seattle Reign)
7. Francisca Ordega (Nigeria & Washington Spirit)
8. Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moskow)
9. Gaelle Enganamouit (Cameroon & Avaldenes)
10. Janine Van Wyk (South Africa & Houston Dash)
11. Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk (Cameroon & Nancy-Lorraine)
12. Onome Ebi (Nigeria & Hekan Huisanhang)
13. Portia Boakye (Ghana & Djurgardens)
14. Raissa Feudjio (Cameroon & Aland United)
15. Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)
Nominees for Women’s national team of the year
5. South Africa
RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears
Latest posts by Ben Ugbana (see all)
- Buhari congratulates AfroBasket champions D’Tigress - August 18, 2019
- BREAKING: D’Tigress win back-to-back AfroBasket titles - August 18, 2019
- Ndidi goal secures point for Leicester at Chelsea - August 18, 2019