The Lagos State government has announced that it will by June name new investors for the Fourth Mainland Bridge in the state.
The development is coming after the government had in May last year cancelled the N844 billion previous contracts for the bridge, citing delay in the commencement of work as the reason for its action.
Announcing the new development during a press briefing of the Ministry of Works and Infrastructure to mark the third anniversary of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode on Wednesday, the state Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Adebowale Akinsanya, said, “We are at the last phase of selecting the preferred bidders. I believe the bidders would be announced by June.”
According to him, the government had completed 55 roads totaling 129 kilometres and 48 building projects between May 2017 and April 2018, and that 25 roads and 17 building projects were currently under construction in the state.
“We have been working to deliver projects that will have direct impact on the lives of all Lagos residents. The commitment to infrastructural renewal, expansion, upgrading and regeneration is borne out of the fact that an efficient and integrated transport system can only be achieved through the provision of appropriate infrastructure,” he said.
On government efforts to manage flood and its negative impact, the commissioner said that maintenance of all primary, secondary and tertiary drainage channels had been contracted to ensure a year-round clearing of drains.
RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
- Adamawa polytechnic sacks 4 lecturers over alteration of students’ results - February 20, 2020
- APC asks Supreme Court to reverse ruling on Bayelsa election - February 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: No Nigerian among 29 infected foreigners in China - February 20, 2020