Latest Metro

Contractor threatens to drag Makinde to Court of Arbitration over road project

Oyo govt revokes 26,000 hectares of land allocated by ex-Gov Ajimobi

The company handling the controversial N67 billion Ibadan Circular Road Concession Project, ENL Consortium Limited, has threatened to drag Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, to the London Court of Arbitration if he cancels the project.

The firm also gave Makinde seven days to apologise over alleged misleading and malicious remarks the governor made against it.

According to the firm, the remarks by the governor that the concession was jerked up from N14bn to N67bn and that N11bn was earmarked for bush clearing were attempts to damage its hard-earned reputation and scare financiers away from the project.

Chairman of ENL, Prince Clement Haastrup, while addressing Journalists in Abuja on Wednesday, said the governor’s claims were made “in bad faith and in total falsehood.”

Read also: AGF Malami scraps asset recovery committees; strips EFCC, ICPC of powers

Hasstrup, a former deputy governor of Osun State, said he had been under pressure from family and friends to clear his name so that he would not be derided as one of those that messed up the country.

He said: “This clearly exhibits the malicious intent of the governor’s press release. From our Bills of Quantifies, bush cutting is N750.58m.

Haastrup said the firm competitively bid with two other Chinese firms for the contract before it was awarded the concession.

Join the conversation

Opinions

About the author

Ripples Nigeria

We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.
www.ripplesnigeria.com

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!