Politics

Court threatens Abuja National Hospital over Metuh

Court threatens Abuja National Hospital over Metuh

The National Hospital, Abuja, has been accused by a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, for transferring a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Olisa Metuh, to a Lagos hospital.

Trial judge, Justice Okon Abang, frowned at the action of the hospital on Friday, when Metu’s counsel, Emeka Etiaba, SAN, moved an application for adjournment, insisting that the hospital did not provide all the necessary information needed by the court in its medical report.

According to Justice Abang, the National Hospital report did not state the bed rest duration, and that the hospital should have informed the court that the defendant had been transferred to another hospital.

Continuing, Justice Abang, who threatened to stop accepting medical reports from the hospital, said the court was treated with levity since it was on the basis of the hospital’s report that the Metuh’s case was adjourned the last time.

Read also: Govt contractor, Uboh, arrested after lashing FG’s loot recovery efforts

“If I ordered investigation into the activities of the National Hospital regarding to Metuh’s medical report many heads will roll.

“I have authority over the management of the hospital because they are under my jurisdiction. The management is not above this court and the law.

“They cannot treat this court with levity; National Hospital has a duty to explain to the court what led to the transfer of Metuh from National Hospital, Abuja, to another hospital in Lagos.

“In any event, I have another medical report issued by Dr Olufemi Bankole from Lagos University Teaching Hospital that Metuh is on bed rest over back pains which he claim”

The judge, who said the medical report did not disclose the location of the hospital in Lagos, adjourned the case till July 7 for continuation of trial.

It would be recalled that the former PDP spokesman was arraigned by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for allegedly receiving N400 million meant for fighting insurgency in the North-East from the immediate past National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki.

RipplesNigeria …without borders, without fears

Join the conversation

Opinions

About the author

Ripples Nigeria

We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.
www.ripplesnigeria.com

/* ]]> */