Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, said on Sunday an additional 56 COVID-19 patients had been discharged from the state’s care centres.
Sanwo-Olu, who disclosed this in a statement, said a total of 1,897 patients had been discharged from the isolation centres in the state.
He added that those discharged on Sunday included 47 Nigerians and nine foreigners.
READ ALSO: Lagos discharges 31 COVID-19 patients
The governor said: “The good people of Lagos, today, 56 #COVID-19 Lagos patients – 12 females and 44 males, including nine foreign nationals, were discharged from our isolation facilities to reunite with the society.
”The patients; 25 from Gbagada; five from Agidingbi; eight from Eti-Osa (LandMark); three from Onikan and 15 from LUTH isolation centres, were discharged after full recovery and testing negative for COVID-19.
”This brings to 1,897 the number of #COVID19 confirmed cases that have been successfully managed and discharged from our isolation facilities.”
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.
Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.
SPECIAL REPORT: Lack of legal provisions, cultural sentiments fueling marital r*pe in Nigeria
By Arinze Chijioke In the early days of Sandra Izuckukwu’s marriage in 2019, her husband, Sunday Izuchukwu, did everything she...
INVESTIGATION… LIVES ON THE LINE (IV): Surviving in a dangerous media environment
This investigation is on the unresolved killing of three Nigerian journalists while on assignments between 2019 and 2020. For six...
INVESTIGATION… LIVES ON THE LINE (III): Precious Owolabi was killed covering a protest
This investigation is on the unresolved killing of three Nigerian journalists while on assignments between 2019-2020. For six months, Nigerian...
INVESTIGATION… LIVES ON THE LINE (II): Alex Ogbu was telling a story but became the story
This four-part series investigation is on the unresolved killing of three Nigerian journalists while on assignments between 2019 and 2020....
SPECIAL REPORT… TELECOMS BLACKOUT: Nigeria’s latest tactic against banditry grounds businesses, forcing residents beyond borders
The fight against notorious bandits raining terror and kidnapping students in Northwest Nigeria took a new dimension in September as...