Connect with us

Tech

Customer sues Samsung after phone exploded in his pocket

Published

on

Customer sues Samsung after phone exploded in his pocket

Florida resident Jonathan Strobel, has filed a lawsuit against Samsung after his Galaxy Note 7 phone reportedly exploded in his pocket.

According to Strobel, he was in Costco on September 9 when he felt his phablet warm up considerably in his pocket and then exploded.

Strobel’s attorney later asserted that the explosion left Strobel with a second-degree burn on his right thigh, as well as a severe burn on his left thumb, which he sustained when he tried to remove his Galaxy Note 7 from his pocket.

Read also: 4 ways video games can improve the life of a Nigerian

The lawsuit, which was filed in a Florida state court in Palm Beach County, seeks unspecified damages that will cover lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other reported damages. For its part, Samsung did not comment on the pending litigation.

“We are urging all Note 7 owners to power their device down and exchange it immediately,” said Samsung spokesperson Danielle Meister Cohen.

The lawsuit is noteworthy for several reasons, the largest of which being it looks to be the first related to the Galaxy Note 7 and its faulty battery.

RipplesNigeria …without borders, without fears

Join the conversation

Opinions

Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism

Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.

As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.

If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.

Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.

Donate Now

Investigations