Sports

Dortmund’s Dembele declared missing

Dortmund's Dembele declared missing

Borussia Dortmund’s head coach, Peter Bosz, says French forward, Ousmane Dembele, missed training on Thursday.

Bosz said the Bundesliga club had been unable to contact the 20-year-old, who is reportedly a target of La Liga side, Barcelona.

“Ousmane Dembele was not in training today. We do not know why. We tried to reach him but we did not,” he told reporters.

Read Also: Liverpool in ‘good shape’ ahead of Watford, Hoffenheim clashes

“There was no sign yesterday that Ousmane Dembele would not be here today. We hope nothing terrible has happened.”

Dortmund signed Dembele on a five-year deal from Rennes in May 2016.

And the striker is reportedly a £135m target for Barcelona as a replacement for Brazilian star, Neymar.

Dembele was outstanding for Dortmund last season, scoring 10 goals and providing 21 assists in 49 matches in all competitions.

 

RipplesNigeria ….without borders, without fears

Join the conversation

Opinions

About the author

Ben Ugbana

/* ]]> */