Distraught families and relations of ill-fated Flight MH370 carrying 239 passengers and crew, which disappeared on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014, say they are taking the search to locate the plane into their own hands.
The move according to the families is to try to push governments to expand the search area along the east African coast with members of Voice 370, an MH370 next-of-kin support group, stating their intention ahead of a trip to Madagascar, where they hoped to scour the country’s beaches for debris.
Spokeswoman Grace Subathirai Nathan said she hoped the trip would help spur the Malaysian, Chinese and Australian governments to collect debris along the continental coast where parts from the aircraft had been found.
“After repeated attempts, and repeated requests for a mobilisation of a search along the coastline, nothing has been done to date,” she told reporters at Kuala Lumpur airport.
“So it has fallen into our hands to take this search upon ourselves.”
RipplesNigeria ….without borders, without fears
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
- Ex-Chadian leader gets temporary release from Senegal prison - April 7, 2020
- BOKO HARAM FIGHT: Learn from Chadian President, PDP tells Buhari - April 7, 2020
- Australian scientists discover potential 48-hour cure for COVID-19 - April 7, 2020