Following a ten-month suspension on the recruitment of personnel into two para-military services, the Federal Government has given approval for the continuation of recruitment processes into the Nigeria Prisons Service and the Federal Fire Service.
The recruitment into the two para-military agencies started mid last year but was suspended due to undisclosed reasons by the government.
But the federal government has now given the nod for it to be completed.
A statement by the Secretary to the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB), Al-Hassan Yakmut, on Tuesday said the Federal Government has approved immediate continuation of the recruitment process.
He said the board gave the approval after its meeting on 9th and 10th of this month.
He said “Federal Government approved the recruitment of 2,200 candidates into the Federal Fire Service and 7,475 candidates into the Nigeria Prisons Service.”
Meanwhile, the minister of Interior Abdulrahman Dambazau, who is the chairman of the board has pledged the commitment of the board in ensuring adequate pre-deployment training for successful candidates.
- BREAKING: 463 new COVD-19 cases take Nigeria’s total to 33 616; death toll now 754 - July 15, 2020
- Buhari won’t fail Nigerians on anti-graft war —Presidency - July 15, 2020
- Policemen recover two anti-aircraft guns, rifles in Borno - July 15, 2020