Latest Politics

Gov Bello predicts COVID-19 will end in 21 days, says ‘noise about the scourge political’

Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello, on Wednesday, shrugged off reports that he had contracted the coronavirus.

The Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, who attended the third-day Fidau prayer of the governor’s late mother, tested positive for the disease on Tuesday.

Both men met and shook hands at the event.

However, in a video posted on his Facebook page, Bello dismissed the rumour that he had contracted the disease.

He also predicted that the COVID-19 pandemic would end in 21days.

The governor added that the ”noise” about COVID-19 is for political and financial gain.

Bello said: “There are a lot of lies about COVID. There are a lot of politics about COVID-19. I am not playing politics with my people’s lives or pretend and steal money because of this so-called pandemic.

 

READ ALSO: Kogi governor orders closure of entry points as COVID-19 spreads

I can assure you that 90 percent of the noise about COVID-19 is political, economical, financial and material gain. The remaining 10 percent is the flu.”

Ripples Nigeria

We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.
www.ripplesnigeria.com

Join the conversation

Opinions

About the author

Ripples Nigeria

We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.
www.ripplesnigeria.com

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!