If you care to know, there are ways you can detect if the man chasing you is not a prince charming but a chronic womaniser. To save yourself unnecessary heartache in the future there are signs that can tell you if you should be careful of the guy professing undying love to you.
1. He guards his phone jealously. He hardly makes mistakes with where he dropped his phone whenever he is around his current woman. There is nothing like ‘please hold this phone for me’. If you check his phone, you will hardly see left messages. He deletes them as soon as he gets them.
2. A womaniser knows all the pet names for a woman. That doesn’t mean he loves her so much, but it is a way to avoid calling her the wrong name. Instead of racking his brain to remember the girl’s name all the time, he substitutes it with a pet name like baby, honey, sweet heart, princess.
3. He cares too much about his appearance. He takes hours on his looks before stepping out of his abode. He is hugely vain about his looks.
4. A womaniser castigates every other woman he is not dating. To throw off suspicion, he first tells his current woman that the other girl is not his type, or ugly.
5. The way he takes care of his car or chooses the car he rides. Because it is his most important pick up tool, he tends it with utmost care, decorates it the way a woman would not resist to sit in it.
6. The way he chases his woman. He knows all the right things to do or say. He learned these things from experiences and they are extensive. He is so smooth that you can slide on him. In fact you are wondering if he is for real. He hardly makes any mistake while toasting his woman. He is overly romantic as soon as he meets the woman, gives the right gifts and sends the right words and messages.
7. He is fast. Before you meet any of his friends or family, he has declared you are the woman of his dreams.
8. He checks out anything in skirt, even though he might wrinkle his face or pretend he doesn’t like what he saw, that is to please the woman he is with, but he still checks out the women.
9. A womaniser is hardly honest.
10. If your girlfriends tell you he uses women and dumps them, believe them. Or be careful.
11. A lot of time, you don’t know where he is or what he is doing. A womaniser must make out time to chase other women, so he is always doing something somewhere you don’t know about. Try to remember things he told you, like where he was at a particular time, because he will surely contradict himself after a while, when you ask him.
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.
Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.
SPECIAL REPORT: Shell’s inaccurate data raises questions around efforts to control methane emissions in Nigeria
Much worse for the environment than carbon dioxide, despite global efforts to control methane, emissions continue soaring. With over a...
FEATURE…Missing Rig Workers: Tragedy, Injustice and the Depthwize cabal
The serene landscape of Ovhor in Delta State bore witness to a disaster that shook the nation’s conscience. The capsize...
FEATURE… In the shadow of kidnappers: The story of Nigeria’s albatross
For decades, Nigeria has been grappling with a problem that has threatened the safety and stability of its people: kidnapping....
FEATURE: The falling standard of education in Nigeria today: Whose Fault?
Over the years, education has proven to be the fulcrum facilitating national development in any state. Through education, knowledge is...
INVESTIGATION: Failed multi-million naira constituency water projects litter Sokoto communities
Many rural communities in Sokoto State are at the risk of an outbreak of diarrhea and other diseases due to...