A travel ban has been imposed on the business partner of President Donald Trump identified as tycoon and politician Hary Tanoesoedibjo.
The business partner of the American President, who is reportedly building resorts to be managed by Trump hotels, has been given a 20-day overseas travel ban starting on June 22 based on a request by Indonesian police.
The travel ban was issued following criminal investigation according to Agung Sampurno, a spokesman at the immigration directorate who said the Indonesian billionaire “is under investigation related to a violation of the information and electronic transactions law”.
Tanoesoedibjo, whose MNC Group controls businesses ranging from media to property, has been named a suspect for allegedly sending a threatening message to a prosecutor investigating a case involving Mobile 8, a telecommunications company previously owned by MNC Group.
Tanoesoedibjo’s lawyer could not be reached on Wednesday but in an earlier statement dismissed the allegations. “The content of Hary Tanoesoedibjo’s SMS is general and idealistic and does not threaten anyone,” his lawyer Hotman Paris Hutapea said.
RipplesNigeria ….without borders, without fears
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
- Nigeria records 10 new cases of COVID-19, total now 224 - April 5, 2020
- Obono-Obla’s arrest, detention followed due process —ICPC - April 5, 2020
- COVID-19: Quarantined Imo hotel staff, guests test negative, discharged - April 5, 2020