Nigerian Service Chiefs, on Thursday revealed that they have changed strategy in addressing the unending insecurity plaguing the country.
They told this to State House correspondents after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari behind closed doors at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Sadiq Abubakar, who spoke for others, said the new strategy is working, adding that what they are going to do next, is to make sure that all hands are on deck and every Nigerian plays the role of passing relevant intelligence to security agencies.
“The meeting is all about the security of Nigerians and Nigeria. And the message coming out of that meeting is that the Armed forces of Nigeria and other security forces will continue to work much harder to ensure that every Nigerian is secure and the territorial integrity of Nigeria is not undermined by anybody,” he said, when asked on the purpose of the meeting.
Responding on a question whether the service chiefs are considering changing their tactics, he replied, “I think the strategy has already been changed and from what we are seeing, the current strategy is working.
“What we are going to do is to ensure that all hands are on deck and every Nigerian equally has a role to play by passing relevant intelligence to us.
“So far the strategy that we have on ground is really working and that is the one we will continue to pursue.”
The meeting also included the Chief of Defence Staff, Gabriel Olonisakin, Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, and Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu.
Activities of Boko Haram terrorists, herdsmen, bandits, kidnappers, cultists and other criminal elements have remained a nightmare to Nigerians and the Buhari led administration.
- Buhari has ordered probe of #EndSARs protesters’ shooting —Youth minister - October 23, 2020
- ‘This is not Lagos that was handed over to me,’ Sanwo-Olu laments impacts of #EndSARS violence on state - October 23, 2020
- Police probe #EndSARS protests, violence - October 23, 2020