Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani on Tuesday during a speech broadcast said it will not wage war against any nation.
This came after acting U.S. Defence Secretary Patrick Shanahan had announced on Monday the deployment of about 1,000 more troops to the Middle East for what he said were defensive purposes citing concerns about a threat from Iran.
Fears of a confrontation between Iran and the United States have mounted since attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, which Washington has blamed on Tehran.
According to the Guardian, the US had earlier released pictures on Monday to support its claims that Iran was responsible for attacks on commercial tankers in the Gulf of Oman.
The Iranian leader added that despite all of Americans’ efforts in the region and their desire to cut off its ties with all of the world and their desire to keep Iran secluded, they have been unsuccessful.
The Chinese government’s top diplomat, meanwhile, warned that the U.S government should not mount undue trouble as he denounced their pressure on Iran and called on Tehran not to drop out of a landmark nuclear deal.