The running mate to late Prince Abubakar Audu during the 2015 Kogi governorship election, Hon. James Faleke, on Sunday, confirmed his support for Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello second term bid ahead of the coming governorship election on November 16.
Pictures of Faleke and Governor Bello, together with his running went, Chief Edward Onoja, taken together, in Abuja, had gone viral earlier on Sunday.
It was gathered that Faleke said it was true that he had agreed to support Bello’s reelection bid.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mohammed Onogu, in a statement to newsmen on Sunday, explained that the decision was arrived at after a meeting between Faleke and the governor and his running mate, Edward Onoja.
Onoja quoted Audu in the statement as saying that “Following the decision of the leadership of Audu/Faleke group to work with the governor, and as loyal party men and women, on behalf of the group, met with the governor, to chart the way forward and build a strong and united APC, before the election.
“We have put all issues in the past, and also, will be in a better position to always assist and advise the party and government in the state to execute people friendly programs.”
Faleke also averred that since he had returned to Lagos, it would not be in the interest of democracy if he did not align the members of the Audu/Faleke group with the government and the main politics of the state.
“It is therefore necessary, as loyal party members, to assist, by bringing the party faithfuls who have been with me through tick and thin in the last four years, to the governor.
“By the Grace of God, We will arrange to hand them over at a future meeting, as soon as possible. Even though I have no vote in Kogi, I have numerous followers in the state.
“Let us be clear that, though I have no vote in Kogi State, but I have massive followership and have a strong voice which will be seen in the outcome of the elections,” he said.
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
- PDP TO NASS: Summon Buhari on national security now - January 26, 2020
- Four die in Borno suicide attack - January 26, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: WHO puts Nigeria, others on alert, death toll hits 56 globally - January 26, 2020