The Kwara State Government said it was not involved with the arraignment, on Tuesday, of five of the suspects arrested over the bloody robbery at Offa, in the southern part of the state on April 5, 2018.
Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Kamaldeen Ajibade (SAN) told New Telegraph reporter that the arraignment was strange to the state as no one was carried along, insisting that the police was yet to submit the documents necessary for the state to prosecute the suspects.
Five of the suspects were arraigned before an Ilorin Magistrate Court on Tuesday; few hours after Ajibade had accused the police of deliberate falsehood on claims that the trial of the accused was being delayed by the state.
A total of 13 suspects had earlier been arrested over the incident with the police giving details of the alleged involvement of each during their parade at the force headquarters, Abuja.
New Telegraph, October 28, 2018
RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears
- FG enrolls seven million Nigerians in cash transfer programme - January 27, 2021
- Buhari nominates Aghughu as new Auditor-General - January 26, 2021
- Gov Ikpeazu lifts NURTW ban in Abia - January 26, 2021