Metuh throws up in court, wants to travel out
Connect with us

Politics

Metuh throws up in court, wants to travel out

Published

on

metuh

The trial of national publicity secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh was on Thursday adjourned till May 23, after he threw up, and was unable to stand trial.

His counsel, Emeka Etiaba, informed the court that his health condition, which made him to be admitted to the National Hospital in April, has gone bad, and that he had been to see a doctor who prescribed some drugs for him earlier.

He also stated that the doctor advised him to return to the hospital immediately after the court appearance.
Etiaba also applied for adjournment to enable his client get proper medical treatment.

Counsel to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Sylvanus Tahir, did not object to the application.
Consequently, Justice Okon Abang adjourned the case to May 23.

He said he was using his discretion since there is no medical report on the ill-health or evidence on oath by a doctor from the National Hospital, Abuja.

Read also: Dasuki said weapons found in his house belong to govt

Meanwhile, Metuh, has been reportedly admitted at the National Hospital, but has also applied to a Federal High Court in Abuja for the release of his passport to enable him to travel to the United Kingdom for medical treatment.

Justice Okon Abang had ordered Metuh to deposit his passport with the court’s registrar as part of the bail conditions granted him on January 19, 2016, with respect to his ongoing trial before the court.

Metuh, by his motion filed on May 16, is seeking an order directing the court’s registrar to release his passport to him and to permit him to travel to the United Kingdom for five weeks to get treatment.

He stated in the application that his decision to seek treatment abroad was informed by the advice by a neurosurgeon in the National Hospital, Abuja following the injury he allegedly sustained after falling from a chair at the
national secretariat on April 26.

Metuh is being tried for allegedly receiving N400 million from the office of the Former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, which is alleged to be part of a looted $2.1 billion arms procurement fund.

RipplesNigeria …without borders, without fears

Join the conversation

Opinions

Join the conversation

Investigations

Sports

Latest Tech News

Copyright © 2021 Ripples Nigeria. All rights reserved.