Nasarawa State Government has retracted its earlier statement that Governor Abdullahi Sule was not in self-isolation by confirming that the governor has actually done so as a precautionary measure against exposure to the coronavirus pandemic.
Yakubu Lamai, Director General, Strategic Communication and Press Affairs, issued a statement to that effect late on Wednesday stating that from henceforth, the governor will be working from home.
Lamai said; “The governor earlier invited a medical team from the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to conduct comprehensive tests on him and they have taken his samples.”
He further added that the public would be informed on new developments regarding the health of the governor, as well as other government officials.
The Nasarawa State government had earlier denied reports making the rounds on social media that governor Sule was in self-isolation after contracting the dreaded COVID-19.
Governor Sule debunked the claim in a statement issued in the state capital, Lafia, through his Director of Strategic Communication and Press Affairs, Mr. Yakubu Lamai.
In the statement, Lamai said that there was nothing to hide about the COVID-19 global pandemic, Nasarawa State inclusive; adding also that if the governor was in self-isolation a formal statement would have been made to that effect which they have now done.
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
- Air operators give Wike 24 hours to free arrested pilots, or else… - April 9, 2020
- COVID-19: Abia extends lockdown by 7 days - April 9, 2020
- You’ll account for your sins on the day of reckoning, IPOB tells suspended Ohanaeze scribe - April 9, 2020