The end may not yet be in sight in the renewed militancy in the Niger Delta, as a new group, Ultimate Warriors, has emerged.
The group, in a statement, issued by its Spokesperson, Sibiri Taiowoh, also listed four conditions for peace to reign in the Niger Delta.
Below are the four conditions:
1. Government should award 60% of all oil blocs to the people of Niger Delta
2. That the $16 billion Export Processing Zone, known as Delta Gas City begin operation in earnest
3. Immediate resumption of academic activities at the Maritime University established by the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
4. Award of pipelines surveillance and security contracts to the indigenous people of Niger Delta.
The group, which warned that failure of government to meet these demands would lead to total shutting down of vital oil facilities including Chevron BOP, Okan Platform, MEREN Gas Gathering Compression Platform and Chevron Tank Farm, gave the federal government two weeks ultimatum to meet their demands.
RipplesNigeria …without borders, without fears
- Troops repel insurgents, rescue victims from abduction - January 20, 2021
- Osun state government announces new COVID-19 guidelines - January 20, 2021
- Wike donates N500m for rebuilding of Sokoto market - January 20, 2021