Connect with us

News

Over 2,000 bandits’ informants, others arrested in Zamfara -Commissioner

Published

on

The Zamfara State Commissioner for Information, Mr Ibrahim Dosara Dosara, has disclosed that security operatives in the state have arrested over 2,000 bandits’ informants and their food suppliers, following the ongoing military onslaught against bandits in the state.

Dosara made the disclosure on Thursday during a press conference in Kaduna State.

According to him, some highly placed persons in the state were among the informants giving out vital information on bandits’ modus operandi.

READ ALSO: Senate asks Buhari to declare bandits as terrorists

Speaking on the success of the ongoing military operations in the state, the commissioner said about 80 per cent of the bandits have fled the state while the remaining 20 per cent of the criminals have resorted to feeding on raw millet since their food supply chain was cut off.

Dosara noted that banditry has been largely degraded in the state due to the heavy military onslaught on bandits’ hideouts in the state.

Also, he expressed the government’s concern over the hardship experienced by the citizens of the state since the commencement of the military offensive on bandits a month ago, saying the state government would restore telecommunication services that were shut down in the wake of the military operations, before the end of the week.

Join the conversation

Opinions

Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism

Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.

As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.

If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.

Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.

Donate Now

Investigations