President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Thursday closed their defence in the petition by Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) before the Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC).
Buhari’s lead lawyer, Wole Olanipekun (SAN) and lead lawyer to the APC, Lateef Fagbemi announced that the 2nd and 3rd respondents (Buhari and APC) were closing their defence in the case.
Buhari called six witnesses and tendered documents between Tuesday and Wednesday.
The respondents who were expected to resume defence on Thursday told the court that they were satisfied that they had done enough to earn victory, having reviewed their case and evidence led so far.
Fagbemi, also spoke in similar vein with Olanipekun and said the 3rd respondent has also decided to close its case.
Atiku and PDP are challenging the victory of President Buhari in the February 23 general election.
Joined as respondent in the petition is the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
- NIGER ATTACKS: Buhari orders NAF to deploy fighter aircraft against bandits - January 26, 2020
- Basketball star, Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash - January 26, 2020
- Danjuma’s opinion on government, others less important – Buhari - January 26, 2020