Metro

Reports of killing of 18 of our personnel by ISWAP false, MNJTF says

The Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) has denied reports of a recent attack on its troops, killing 18 soldiers.

In a statement on Friday in Abuja, spokesman of the task force, Col. Timothy Antigha, stated that online media reports on the purported attack was false.

There had been reports in circulation claiming that 18 soldiers were killed when a faction of Boko Haram affiliated with Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) attacked a military formation.

READ ALSO: IGP launches Operation Puff Adder to tackle kidnapping along Abuja-Kaduna highway

According to Antigha, the reported attack and killing are a falsehood being orchestrated by the media arm of ISWAP in its desperate attempt to revamp its parlous and deplorable image

“It has been widely reported and it is now common knowledge that sustained offensive actions by MNJTF troops and national forces have resulted in over 200 ISWAP personnel casualties and defections as well as numerous equipment seizures and destruction.

“The claim of killing 18 MNJTF personnel in an unnamed location is, therefore, very strange and completely untrue.

“Consequently, the general public is advised to disregard the ISWAP falsehood in its entirety, ” Antigha said.

He urged the media to remain vigilant in order to frustrate attempts by terrorists to spread falsehood and propaganda in a bid to disrupt public order, peace and civility.

Ripples Nigeria

We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.
www.ripplesnigeria.com

Join the conversation

Opinions

About the author

Ripples Nigeria

We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.
www.ripplesnigeria.com

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!