Tragedy struck at Makawani village in Tharaka-Nithi County of Kenya when a house fire which completely destroyed the apartment claimed the lives of three kids who were fast asleep.
According to Makawani Assistant Chief Jamleck Mugambi, the parents of the two boys and a girl were away when the fire suspected to have been sparked by electricity from a solar panel started on Tuesday morning.
“The parents had gone to the farm and left the house closed,” said Mr Mugambi.
James Muthee, a neighbour said they heard some noise and on arriving at the scene, they found the entire house engulfed in a blaze.
“It consumed everything,” Mr Muthee said.
Continuing, Mugambi said a probe into the fire incident is on-going as the bodies of the victims have been deposited at the Chuka County Referral Hospital mortuary.
RipplesNigeria ….without borders, without fears