The Voice of Nigeria (VON) Director General (DG), Osita Okechukwu has listed 10 alleged ‘sins’ of Adams Oshiomhole.
He said based on the alleged offences, Oshiomhole must not be allowed to continue as the chairman of the ruling APC.
He stated this in a statement he made available to newsmen on Monday.
His statement came after the Court of Appeal ordered that Oshiomhole should remain the APC chairman pending the determination of a suit seeking for his removal.
The Appeal Court gave the ruling in a judgement to Oshiomhole’s appeal challenging his suspension by an Abuja High Court recently.
But the VON DG in the statement called on all APC leaders to take note of “10 Osho-Virus blunders” and “save the Soul of APC from further unknown consequences of Osho-Virus damage and destruction.”
The alleged 10 ‘sins’ Okechukwu accused Oshiomhole of committing are:
“1. Revival and Resurrection of collapsing Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) structure, a political party in 2018 was ravaged by internecine intra-party feud; to win more states like Adamawa, Bauchi, Zamfara, and Sokoto, all strongholds of APC.
2. Brazen Incompetence: Second revival of PDP is evidenced in the Bayelsa State imbroglio. It is our considered belief that no sane national chairman of a prominent political party would submit the name of an incumbent Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to be Deputy Governor, without evaluating the strategic cost to the party. Most importantly lack of diligent scrutiny of essential documents of candidate, or One Man-Show, points to Osho-Virus crass negligence and incompetence.
3. Flagrant breach of APC’s Constitution via elevation of crass DICTATORSHIP and deceptively masquerading Sole Proprietorship of APC in the guise of Almighty Party Supremacy. We sincerely doubt whether Comrade Oshiomhole has taken time to peruse APC’s Constitution, for if he has done, he could have been less narcissistic, less despotic and more collegiate in managing the party. For it is only Super Kings or despots that can impose national officers of the party in clear breach of APC’s Constitution.
4. Manipulating, Corrupting and Mangling the 2018 APC gubernatorial and legislative primary elections. Is it 2023 that made Comrade Oshiomhole to mismanage our primary? Is it 2023 that made Comrade Oshiomhole to nearly shunt Asiwaju who made him governor and chairman, by covertly printing ballot papers to favour Ambode for Lagos gubernatorial primary?
5. Employing Double Standards- It is on record that Comrade Oshiomhole in his infinite self-survival-instinct ratified the Lagos gubernatorial primary election and which was not conducted by the APC Gubernatorial Primary Panel set up by him, but by Asiwaju’s men and did not ratify that conducted by Senator Amosu’s men at Ogun State? Is this kind of atrocity 2023 Virus or Osho-Virus?
Secondly Comrade ordered State Chapters to choose between Direct and Indirect method of primary election only to change the choice made by States depending on his whims and caprices. For instance he changed that of Enugu State from indirect to direct in the midst of gubernatorial election.
Thirdly, is 2023 or Osho-Virus responsible for favours Comrade dispenses at will, “That Elrufia (El- Rufai) was the one who came to me crying to help him get rid of Shehu Sani and to replace him with his boy, Uba Sani and I sacrificed my comradeship with Shehu to please him.” – Comrade Oshiomhole speaking.
6. In his classical double standard paradigm he glossed over the suspension of his Ward; whereas he ratified that of Ward suspension of Barister Inua Abdulkadir, vice chairman North West. Is that 2023 or Osho-Virus?
7. Covert use of the 2018 primary elections to empower his Edo Peoples Movement (EPM) native political structure. Not only did EPM members populate all state panels more than any other state, but they also headed about 10, as well as the most revered Appeal Panel. This way he not only violated the Federal Character Principle, but also denied most states the golden opportunity of heading at least one panel. Is this gross nepotism 2023-Virus?
8. Insincerity: Comrade Oshiomhole celebrated the abolition of Godfatherism in Edo State only to paradoxically deploy his handgun, the Edo Peoples Movement in a vain glorious plot to become Godfather. Is this 2023 or Osho-Virus?
9. Erosion of Buhari’s 12 Million Vote-Bank – Comrade Oshiomhole often displayed wanton narcissism and rascality in his dealings with state governors, members of NWC and party stakeholders by dishing out impulsive orders he could not condone when in office as governor; will if not stopped erode APC the famous Buhari’s 12 Million Vote-Bank, especially when Mr President will not be in the ballot in 2023.
10. Squandermania: Haphazard expenditure of party funds, such that more than N14 billion realised from Presidential, Gubernatorial and Legislative Primary Fees remain unaccounted for. Render Account now Comrade Oshiomhole?”
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.
Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.
SPECIAL REPORT: Lack of legal provisions, cultural sentiments fueling marital r*pe in Nigeria
By Arinze Chijioke In the early days of Sandra Izuckukwu’s marriage in 2019, her husband, Sunday Izuchukwu, did everything she...
INVESTIGATION… LIVES ON THE LINE (IV): Surviving in a dangerous media environment
This investigation is on the unresolved killing of three Nigerian journalists while on assignments between 2019 and 2020. For six...
INVESTIGATION… LIVES ON THE LINE (III): Precious Owolabi was killed covering a protest
This investigation is on the unresolved killing of three Nigerian journalists while on assignments between 2019-2020. For six months, Nigerian...
INVESTIGATION… LIVES ON THE LINE (II): Alex Ogbu was telling a story but became the story
This four-part series investigation is on the unresolved killing of three Nigerian journalists while on assignments between 2019 and 2020....
SPECIAL REPORT… TELECOMS BLACKOUT: Nigeria’s latest tactic against banditry grounds businesses, forcing residents beyond borders
The fight against notorious bandits raining terror and kidnapping students in Northwest Nigeria took a new dimension in September as...