1. Show her you are dependable: Even the most frivolous woman is not so sure about marrying an unreliable guy. Make a promise and try to keep it. Sometimes, talk about your plans for the future. Let her see you as the kind of man that will be there when she needs him.
If she works and you have a car, go pick her from work or drop her there when you can. And if you don’t have a car, try to show her you are interested, or care about how she commutes.
2. Be Funny: Women love men that can make them laugh. Don’t try too hard, just be able to laugh and make her laugh with you. If you don’t know how to produce laughter, watch comedy with her and both of you laughing together often could help your cause.
3. Keep your eyes on her: School your eyes not to rove about. Make her believe you are not a womaniser. And that you are interested in things she likes no matter how girlie they seem.
4. Strength of character: Prove to her you are not the quitting kind; you are there when things are tough and you see things through. If things aren’t working out fine between you, show her you are ready to work it out and not just throw in the towel and stay away.
5. Play family politics: Show interest in her family members and if they stay close, present them with surprise gifts on occasions like Christmas and birthdays. If her family likes you, half of your job is done.
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.
Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.
SPECIAL REPORT: Shell’s inaccurate data raises questions around efforts to control methane emissions in Nigeria
Much worse for the environment than carbon dioxide, despite global efforts to control methane, emissions continue soaring. With over a...
FEATURE…Missing Rig Workers: Tragedy, Injustice and the Depthwize cabal
The serene landscape of Ovhor in Delta State bore witness to a disaster that shook the nation’s conscience. The capsize...
FEATURE… In the shadow of kidnappers: The story of Nigeria’s albatross
For decades, Nigeria has been grappling with a problem that has threatened the safety and stability of its people: kidnapping....
FEATURE: The falling standard of education in Nigeria today: Whose Fault?
Over the years, education has proven to be the fulcrum facilitating national development in any state. Through education, knowledge is...
INVESTIGATION: Failed multi-million naira constituency water projects litter Sokoto communities
Many rural communities in Sokoto State are at the risk of an outbreak of diarrhea and other diseases due to...