Anyone with a desk job who doesn’t get enough
physical movement is at a high risk of back pain or arm pain.
Moreover, using the mouse day in and out exerts pressure on the wrist as well.
So if you spend most of your time on a computer, here are few tips that might help you to lower your risk of wrist pain, scarring and other health effects.
1. Scarring At The Wrist – With the continuous use of a mouse, most people experience a slight scarring or darkness at the wrist (the area below your little finger on the wrist). Hence, if you are right-handed, then try using the mouse with your left-handed to lower the pressure on the right hand and also prevent darkening of the skin at the wrist.
2. Pain In The Elbow – As the muscular-skeletal is affected when you type continuously or rest your elbow on a chair or desk, which is not at the same level as your desk; there are high chances of an elbow injury. It affects the muscles near the elbow leading to elbow pain.
3. Pain In The Arm – If you have been sitting in the same posture for long, typing or using mouse with the elbow resting on the desk, then there are high chances of suffering from arm pain due to exertion of the muscles in the hand due to wrong positioning of the hand while using the mouse.
4. Tightness In The Neck And Shoulder – Most of us might have experienced excessive strain and sharp shooting pain in the upper trapezium (neck and shoulder muscles) due to the wrong posture. While stretches is the best exercises to deal with it, moving the neck in either direction doesn’t help in easing the pressure on the neck but further worsens the condition.
5. Tendinitis – The forearm tendinitis is not as much due to using a mouse as much as using a smartphone, but there are cases. This is because the use of the mouse can put pressure on the thumb and typing on the keyword can result in the inflammation of the tendons.
RipplesNigeria …without borders, without fears
We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
Join the conversation