Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State on Saturday said the bidding process for the reconstruction of Jos Main Market is open to any competent firm interested in the job.
The governor stated this after supervising the demolition of weak areas of the dilapidated market structure which was engulfed in a fire incident 17 years ago.
Lalong said his administration was determined to complete the reconstruction work and that funds for the work had been made available in the 2019 budget.
The demolition was carried out by Mamco Wreckers Consortium, explosive experts from South Africa.
The company had last week stated that tonnes of explosives had been deployed according to work plans to ensure a safety and efficient exercise.
The 34-year-old multi-billion naira Jos Main Market structure, once referred to as the largest indoor market in West Africa, was forced to close down after a fire incident in 2002.
By Babatunde Alao…
Latest posts by Ripples Nigeria (see all)
- Probe ordered as Nigerian Army uncovers heavy military equipment in N’East - August 25, 2019
- Unlike PDP, we have no budget for thugs, APC disowns kidnap kingpin, Wadume - August 24, 2019
- Enugu govt to carry out autopsy on slain pregnant woman - August 24, 2019