MDAs waste N37.8bn on frivolous IT projects yearly –NITDA
Nigeria In One Minute

MDAs waste N37.8bn on frivolous IT projects yearly –NITDA

An estimated N37.8 billion is wasted annually by the ministries, agencies and departments (MDAs) of the Federal Government as 90 per cent of their Information Technology projects fail with the remaining 10 per cent not delivering value for money for the government.

Director General of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Dr. Isa Pantami, disclosed this to New Telegraph in an interview at the ongoing Gulf Information Technology Exhibition (GIEX) Technology Week in Dubai, United Arabs Emirate (UAE).

Pantami, who led the Nigerian delegation to the annual regional IT innovation conference, expressed disappointment at how MDAs now see IT projects’ inclusion in their annual budgets as a way to siphon government money.

He said the development has become worrisome as the MDAs annually budget for the same failed IT projects in the previous year without anything to show for them. He accused the MDAs of siphoning government’s money through embarking on and implementing various frivolous IT projects that do not offer any value for money.

New Telegraph, October 9, 2017

RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears

Click here to join the Ripples Nigeria WhatsApp group for latest updates.

Join the conversation

Opinions

About the author

Ripples Nigeria

We are an online newspaper, very passionate about Nigerian politics, business and their leaders. We dig deeper, without borders and without fears.
www.ripplesnigeria.com

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
/* ]]> */