The Presidency on Wednesday said the claim by Abdulrasheed Maina’s family that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration invited the former pension boss back to the country was utterly false, stating that “the family that made that claim simply wanted to be ridiculous”.
Maina’s family had in a statement earlier on Wednesday claimed that “Abdulrasheed was in fact invited by this administration and he was promised security to come and clean up the mess and generate more revenue to government by blocking leakages.
“He succumbed to the present administration and came back to Nigeria. He has been working with the DSS for quite some time and he was given necessary security”.
But the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said in a statement made available to journalists that the family was making false claims.
He urged Nigerians to ignore the family.
Shehu said, “The claim that the Buhari administration invited the wanted Abdulrasheed Maina back into the country is a freshly minted falsehood. Nobody should believe that.
“The family that made that claim simply wanted to be ridiculous. Please ignore them”.
RipplesNigeria… without borders, without fears