The initiators of the proposed mass protest against President Muhammadu Buhari’s government scheduled for tomorrow the 6th of February have notified that demonstrations will begin in Lagos, Abuja and Kano as planned in the next 24 hours despite the backing out of one of its partners 2face Idibia.
EiE Nigeria which made the announcement on its Twitter page insists on continuing with the March urging Nigerians to troop out and make their voices heard.
“We respect @official2baba‘s security concerns but the marches in #Lagos & #Abuja will go ahead,” it tweeted, and in another post, announced the venues where the rallies will kick off.
Read also: 2face gives in, cancels nationwide protest against govt
The civic group made the announcement hours after 2face took to his Instagram to explain the reason for backing out of the mass protest which had been gathering momentum.
In the Instagram video message posted by 2face, the iconic singer said the protest is under threat of being hijacked, a conflict that started after a pro-Buhari faction announced its own protest on same day, at same venues.
In the short message posted on his Instagram page, 2face said; “After due consultations, it has become clear that the One Voice Nigerian protest scheduled to hold in Lagos, Abuja on Monday 6, February, is under serious threat of hijack by interests not aligned with our ideals”.
RipplesNigeria…. without borders, without fears
- FRANCE: Knifeman fatally stabs three, injures several worshipers in church - October 29, 2020
- We must avoid second wave of COVID-19, our economy too fragile for another lockdown —Buhari - October 29, 2020
- LATEST TECH NEWS: CcHub acquires Kenya’s eLimu as education arm. 2 other things and a trivia you need to know today, October 29, 2020 - October 29, 2020