Connect with us

Metro

BBOG takes Chibok case to Buhari

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari will receive unusual visitors on July 8, as the #BringBackOurGirls movement has concluded plans to storm the Presidential Villa to enquire about what he is doing to bring back the 219 Chibok school girls abducted by Boko Haram insurgents in April last year.

Former Education minister and convener of the #BringBackOurGirls movement, Oby Ezekwesili, who disclosed this in Abuja, said the group was determined to ensure that the girls were brought back.

Reminding the Presidency that it was accountable for the kidnapped girls, she said: “On 8th July, we shall march to the President, Muhammadu Buhari and ask him what he has done and is doing to bring the girls back.”

She also reiterated that the group is unrelenting in its demand for the safe rescue of the girls, adding that “they are worthy of any personal cost the group bears for standing for their cause.”

You may also like: Grafitti… Read Gen. Olukolade’s letter to Ezekwesili over BBOG

Ripples… without borders, without fears

Join the conversation

Opinions

Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism

Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.

As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.

If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.

Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.

Donate Now

Investigations