Recent reports making the round that the University of Lagos, UNILAG issued an honorary doctorate degree to 5 Star Music CEO E-Money has been debunked by the Ivory Tower.
The University while denying the claim in a statement, listed the personalities who were conferred with honorary awards by the Chancellor of the University with E-Money’s name conspicuously missing.
The statement by UNILAG also called on the public to disregard any list other than the personalities mentioned as the only people who were conferred with the awards, noting that any story stating otherwise is false and should be amended accordingly.
The statement by UNILAG reads thus below;
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
“The University of Lagos, #UnilagNigeria , on Thursday, April 4, 2019, at its 50th (2018) Convocation Ceremonies (Day 3), conferred Distinguished & Emeritus Professorship and Honorary Doctorate Degrees on the following eminent personalities:
1. Prof. James Dele Olowokudejo, a Professor of Plant Taxonomy, – Distinguished Professorship award.
2. Prof. Sulaiman A. Adekola of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering – Emeritus Professorship award
3. Alhaji Lateef Olufemi Okunnu, a foremost Lawyer & a former Federal Commissioner for Works & Housing- Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
4. Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya, founder of Mountain of Fire Miracles Ministries and a Molecular Geneticist – Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
5. Mr. Jim Ovia, founder and Chairman of ZenithBank – Honourary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University of Lagos.
“Please note that the University’s official colours are maroon and gold and the personalities who were conferred with these honorary awards by the Chancellor of the University (see pictures) are in the appropriate attire.
“It is worthy to note that the afore-mentioned personalities are the only people who were conferred with these awards by the University of Lagos at the 50th Convocation Ceremonies, thus, any story stating otherwise is false and should be amended accordingly.
Recall days ago that E-Money shared a message and photos of him on Instagram dressed in convocation gown at the University’s convocation claiming that he had just received a Honorary Doctorate Degree in Business Management and Corporate Governance from UNILAG.
E-Money wrote on his page; “To God be the glory! I have just received a Honorary Doctorate Degree in Business Management and Corporate Governance at an event held inside the University of Lagos.
“I’m joined here by the incoming Deputy Governor of Lagos, Dr Obafemi Hamzat whose father, Olatunji Hamzat (an influential politician) also bagged a Doctorate Degree.
Latest posts by Ahmed Boulor (see all)
- ICPC accuses banks of aiding criminals - April 23, 2019
- Ex-bread seller turned model Olajumoke confirms divorce from husband - April 23, 2019
- Reactions trail Apostle Johnson Suleiman’s declaration of war on bloggers - April 22, 2019