The former Nasarawa State Governor, Abdullahi Adamu, on Saturday emerged as the new National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
He was confirmed as the ruling party’s chairman after a voice vote by the delegates.
Adamu, who is President Muhammadu Buhari’s preferred candidate for the position, featured prominently in the unity list which emerged at the Eagles Square, Abuja, the venue of the party national convention on Saturday evening.
The duo of Abubakar Kyari and Ema Enaukwu also emerged as the APC Deputy National Chairman for the North and South respectively.
Other newly elected members of the APC National Working Committee (NWC) are:
- Otunba Iyiola Omisore – National Secretary
- Festus Fuanter – Deputy National Secretary
- Muhazu Bawa Rijau – National Vice Chairman (North Central)
- Mustapha Salihu – National Vice Chairman (North- East)
- Salihu Lukman – National Vice Chairman (North- West).
- Ijeoma Arodiogwu – National Vice Chairman (South- East)
- Victor Giadom – National Vice Chairman (South- South)
- I Kekemeke – National Vice Chairman (South-West)
- Ahmed El-Marzuk – National Legal Adviser
- Uguru Matthew Ofoke – National Treasurer
- Bashir Usman Gumel – National Financial Secretary
- Suleiman M. Argungun – National Organising Secretary
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.
Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.
INVESTIGATION: How roadside foods endanger consumers’ life with trans fat in northern Nigeria
With an estimated 854,000 deaths in Nigeria, and 3,229 attributed to trans fatty acids (TFA) -related cardiovascular deaths, ADESOLA IKULAJOLU visited Nigeria’s...
INVESTIGATION: Untold story of Ondo oil producing communities battling poor health system
Access to quality healthcare is one of the nightmares of communities in Ilaje local government area of Ondo State. Despite...
FEATURE: Ogun residents, waste collectors trade blames, as refuse litter environment
TIJANI ABDULKABEER, a journalist from the University of Ibadan, during a recent trip to Sango Otta, Ogun State took a look...
INVESTIGATION: How online fraudsters siphon victims’ funds through ‘SportyBet’ platform
As Nigeria transits into a cashless society, the evolution also creates opportunities for internet scammers to take advantage of unsuspecting...
SPECIAL REPORT: Enugu govt watches as waste takes over state, threatens public health, environment
In this report, Arinze Chijioke looks at how delays in evacuation of waste in Enugu State encourages indiscriminate waste disposal, its health implications, and how...